Salary: Up to $17.00/hour DOE
As a member of the multidisciplinary team, the Substance Use Disorder Technician (SUD Tech) assists clients from admission through discharge providing client support through the extended substance and mental health treatment process. The SUD Tech supervises client behavior and manages client crisis situations when necessary. They assist on-duty counselors as required in direct support of program goals and objectives. CD Techs require self-confidence, professionalism and the ability to exercise individual discretion and judgment. They must manage competing demands on their time and adhere to program schedules and rules. This includes situations where a client may be under the influence of a controlled substance or struggling with mental health symptoms, the SUD Tech will respond in a professional, therapeutic and positive manner. They must be able to react and respond to medical emergencies conveying a positive and professional image to clients, staff and visitors. CD Techs must be able to maintain client confidentiality in accordance with state and federal guidelines and HIPAA requirements.
- Understands and follows policies & procedures and restrictions related to client and program rules and regulations to assure consistency in client services and program
- Document and communicates to staff any inappropriate or suspected inappropriate client behavior
- May conduct breath analysis and urinalysis collection and documentation
- Understands and follows emergency fire and weather policies and procedures as well as ensuring compliance with facility fire and safety regulations
- Transitions duties and responsibilities to at each shift change to incoming staff
- Understands and follows incident/accident reporting policies and procedures
- Responds to client emergency medical needs, when required
- Monitor and communicate the activities of the clients, including activity in the parking lot and smoking areas
- Attends treatment groups and other client and staff meetings as directed by Counselors, Lead Techs or Program Coordinator
- Attains, maintains and promotes a positive, safe, harmonious, productive and challenging work environment
- Maintain a clean and safe environment which may include general cleaning duties
- Updates electronic health records in a consistent, efficient manner
- Communicate with families, referral sources, and outside healthcare providers in a professional manner
- Administer Medications in accordance with policy and nursing staff instructions
- Assists on-duty counseling staff and performs other duties as assigned or required
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Age 18 or older
- Current First Aid/CPR certification and Medication Administration certificate obtained within 30 days of starting work (training provided)
- Able to clear Minnesota DHS background study (NetStudy 2.0)
- Ability to relate to people from diverse backgrounds
- Must be free of problematic substance use for at least one year immediately preceding employment and must sign a statement attesting to that fact
- Physical Demands: Sitting for extended periods of time. Daily use of general office and/or residential facility equipment. Lifting (max 25 pounds), minimal reaching, bending and stooping
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience in an addiction treatment facility or experience working in the substance use disorder and/or mental health field
- Competent computer skills and able to effectively enter information in various systems
Transformation House offers an industry-leading compensation plan, as well as benefits for full-time and on-call employees, including paid time off and retirement saving plan. Full-time employees are also eligible for medical, dental and life insurance, as well as other benefits.
If you believe this challenging and rewarding job is for you, please apply!
Please include a cover letter outlining your motivation to work in the treatment field and in this position at Transformation House. You can submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.