Covid-19 Pandemic Peacetime Emergency Safety Measures
At Transformation House we value the safety of our clients, community and staff. We are staying open and accepting new clients while finding new ways to help people throughout the Coronavirus emergency.
While our outpatient MH/SUD services have transitioned to virtual platforms, our sites continue to accept clients into residential care and recovery housing. Robust safety measures implemented early on have successfully kept COVID-19 out of our facilities, and patients have frequently mentioned feeling safer in our care than they would anywhere else. Prioritized testing for symptomatic client, provides an important additional layer of protection.
Transformation House continues to monitor closely development related to Covid-19 and following guidelines and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH). To ensure clients and staff safety and to adhere to all regulations specific to licensed congregate health care facilities, the following measures have been implemented for clients and staff at Transformation House residential programs:
- Comprehensively assessed all practices and operations to ensure that our infection control plan and prevention measures are enforced and continues to be in compliance with Federal and State Health Agencies’ guidelines.
- All prospect new clients are screened for exposure to and symptoms of Covid-19.
- Temporarily suspended all non-essential physical visitations in efforts to mitigate the virus exposure; this includes family members, friends, volunteers, mentors, and administrative staff (remote work).
- Transition all outpatient services to Telehealth platform.
- Client access to the community is restricted.
- External client appointments for medical or legal needs, are being addressed on a case by case basis, per our policies.
- Daily temperature and symptoms screening for clients and staff.
- Posted information throughout all sites concerning:
In-door use of face mask for staff and clients;
Promotion of hand hygiene; and
Practice of social distancing.
- Rigorous sanitation within common areas and surfaces with CDC approved cleaning and sanitation products.
- Establish communication processes and in-service training to keep all staff informed of changing conditions, requirements, and protocols.
Referrals to any of Transformation House’s programs can be made, as usual, by contacting the Intake Office directly via a phone (763) 452-7005, fax (763) 427-6084, or email email@example.com
Anyone that is unable to admit due to exposure or symptoms of Covid-19 is referred to local healthcare providers for additional screening or testing.